John 13 – A Fresh Way to Love
Verse of the Day:
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.”
- In today’s bible study, we talked about Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. The word wash is mentioned multiple times. It specifically means to remove a stain or dirt.
- Jesus washes his disciples feet in order to visualize a true act of humility and to show that He cannot be in communion with anyone that is not cleansed by Him.
- Jesus’ act of washing feet is the perfect representation of what it looks like to love one another.
- What does it mean to be washed and made clean by Jesus Christ?
- How willing would you be to wash someone’s feet and get your hands dirty to provide service like Jesus did for someone?