Happy Tuesday, parents and families!
Once again, your camper is about to head to Bible Study in their cabin. Would you mind stopping and praying for their time right now?
When you understand your sin and God’s kindness in the Gospel, you tell Him about it! This is simply called “confession”. And it can be really simple – and the most powerful thing you can experience in repentance.
Today’s Bible Study title is “T is for Tell God.”
Our Memory Verse today is Psalm 51:10-11 that says: “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.”
Repentance is a change in our thinking, back to God. When you think differently, you talk differently. Whatever is going on inside will come out.
Concealment leads to a calloused heart. Confession leads to a cleansed heart.
In Psalm 51, David is pouring out his heart to the Lord in confession – after he has committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered her husband.
Power, control, adultery, murder. And after all of this, David was still considered the “man after God’s own heart.”
Imagine if he has kept all of that in. I think it would have eaten him alive! But he confessed and asked for forgiveness – and God listened and brought healing to David and the people.
I saw the screenshot below online about a year ago – and it radically helped change my thinking on confessing to God. I’m not kidding, I think about it everyday…
Catherine Parks said “If confession of sin ends with sorrow, it hasn’t gone far enough. Confessing sin is an opportunity to rejoice in the Gospel.”
I pray today that you will recognize God’s love and kindness – and that the Holy Spirit would lead you to confession.
Thanks for reading! We’ll see ya tomorrow!
- Closing Pickup is Saturday! The Shores’ pickup hours are 10-11:30am.
- We will post a video walking you through Pickup on Friday on this CampLife app.
- If you’ve ever been to a Closing Celebration at Pine Cove, it will look a little different this year. (Good news – if you’d like, you will be able to park, walk around, meet your camper’s counselor, take photos, and shop our store!)
- SENIORS: We will also have a short Senior Send-Off Celebration at 10:30am outside to say thank you, celebrate our seniors, and pray a blessing over them as they head into their last year of high school!
- If you have any questions or needs, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.