Our last full day of camp is upon us! I hope you’ve been enjoying these devos following our camper Bible Study. And I pray they will lead to life-changing conversations as you get in the car with your camper on Closing Pickup Day.
- U is for Understanding. When we understand our sin and God’s kindness, we will immediately want to turn back to Him.
- T is for Tell God. Concealment leads to a calloused heart. Confession leads to a cleansed heart.
- U is for Untie The Shackles. Jesus can make you free and keep you free so that you can set others free.
- R is for Revival. Repentance precedes an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Returning brings revival.
And today’s topic is N is for New Thinking, New Living.
When I look back at my life and I assess the times where I have grown or changed for the better, they have typically always started with a small change in the way I think.
Jesus came to change our eternal destination – AND the way we think and live right now on earth!
Today’s Bottomline: How you think is how you live. Your thinking controls your living.
Scripture tells us that there are three powerful hindrances to walking with God on a daily basis: our flesh, the world, Satan. (Eph. 2:1-3, 1 John 2:15-17, 1 Peter 5:8)
The world, the flesh, and Satan are all fiercely fighting for your affection – but they are all easily put to flight when we resist them by the Spirit, as Jesus triumphed over them!
What this means is that Jesus’ life on earth was filled with temptation to sin – but he lived and obeyed his Father perfectly by the power of the Holy Spirit. And according to Scripture, he gave that perfect righteousness to us – and then he sent the Holy Spirit to be in us so that we could live the same way!
So, what do we do with it now? What happens when the world, the flesh, and Satan attack our mind?
We recognize the Truth, remind ourselves of the Truth, and we respond based on this Truth.
Today’s Memory Verse is Romans 12:2 that says: “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
It all comes down to the way we think. Because again, our thinking controls our living.
What has your attention (your thinking) been on lately?
How could you renew your thought life today – and point yourself to Truth?
What your attention is on is what you will worship.
What your attention is on is what you will become.
Focus your attention on His presence today.
UTURN your thoughts to Him…
- We can’t wait to see you tomorrow!
- Shores Closing Day Pickup hours are 10-11:30am.
- Reminder for SENIORS: Senior Sendoff will be at Lighthouse corner of The Field at 10:30 sharp!
- There is a short video that will be posted later tomorrow on this CampLife app walking you through Closing Day Pickup.
- Please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything!